12 January 2009

Digital Photography Equipment

Here's what I have to shoot digital.
Nikon D50 (back).

Nikon D50 (front). I don't have that 18-55 lens.

Nikon AF-S 18-70 mm DX.

Nikon Speedlight SB-600.

I got this kit in the summer of 2006. The D50 was the lowest-end Nikon DSLR at the time. It's 6 megapixels and I'm very happy with it. Compared to the D40 that soon followed, this D50 is a bit larger, has a top LCD panel, and an autofocus screwdriver so that it works with non AF-S lenses. It cannot show the shooting settings that appear on the top LCD on the back screen. I'm ok with that, and I'm glad it has the autofocus screwdriver.

I would have liked to get the 18-200 VR lens but at the time it was very hard to find. I wanted something better than the plastic mount 18-55 kit lens that normally comes with the D50. So I opted for the 18-70 mm AF-S DX lens. The 18-70 was the kit lens for the D70s. I thought the metal mount was important. I am also quite satisfied with the lens but I do wish I had a VR lens.

The SB-600 flash was also the lowest-end flash I could get from Nikon at the time. I wanted an external flash especially for bounce-flash off the ceiling indoors for more natural lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment